Frank Leone (Founder and Past President) established Ryan Associates in 1985, as an independent educational and consulting firm devoted to the development of hospital-affiliated and free standing occupational health programs (named after his son “Ryan”). Five years later, the National Association of Occupational Health Professionals (NAOHP) was developed in 1990, to provide a vehicle for educating, networking, and developing successful occupational health programs. Through the diligence and expertise of Frank and his team, this association soon became the “go to” organization across the country for professionals wanting to learn everything about occupational health
After 30+ years, Frank Leone “passed the baton” on to Tim & Cindy Ross, selling the business in May, 2016. While Frank will remain with NAOHP/Ryan Associates as Senior Advisor, Cindy Ross is now President, and Tim Ross is Senior V.P. & Executive Director of the organization. Both Tim & Cindy have a rich background in occupational health, each with over 20 + years of experience (at various levels of the business).
Cindy’s background consists of:
- 22 years of Occupational Health business development, sales & marketing.
- Employer/Hospital Liaison experience on commercial businesses.
- Development and implementation of customized on-site wellness programs, corporate wellness fairs, and community outreach events for over 10 years.
- Served as Senior Vice President for 11 years, contracting with hospitals across the country in developing health & wellness programs, which integrated with area employers.
- Over 35 years of networking and engagement with senior level executives in facility and program operations.
Tim’s background consists of:
- Currently overseeing 13+ clinics from traditional Occupational Health facilities to blended outpatient clinical sites, to include ambulatory, walk-in, and urgent care clinics.
- Exercising his expertise in Occupational Health both strategically and operationally, with extensive knowledge also in business development.
- Being instrumental in the organization’s Occupational Health program’s achievement in receiving the first ISO (International Organization of Standards) certification in 2010; making this program to be the first free-standing Occupational Health Clinic(s) to be certified in the world.
- Having served as a past NAOHP Board member.
- Having worked advantageously with senior level executives, physicians, practitioners, and clinical staff for over 20 years relating to occupational health, urgent care, business development, and corporate growth initiatives.
Progressing with the ongoing changes, NAOHP remains the core development of occupational health, but will now be including the fields of wellness, telemedicine, urgent care, population health, employee health, and travel medicine.
It’s simple – at the end of the day, professionals are looking for ideas on how to grow their occupational health business, and stay ahead of their competition. Whether you’re new to this business, or adding occupational health to your menu of services, we will teach you how to market your program, what other services you need to be offering, and provide you and your staff with the necessary tools to develop a successful program!
Here is Where EXPERIENCE Still Counts!
To provide our members with strategic solutions, in helping them build and enhance successful programs to benefit their clients, employees, and business communities.
The NAOHP supports provider-based occupational health programs and professionals in the achievement of the highest quality services. The NAOHP will seek to assist providers in establishing partnership relationships with employers and their work forces to ensure genuine healthcare cost management and individual health maintenance.